You cannot deny that Snapchat is the most widely used social media platform which was the first to launch a unique concept of 24 hour diminishing snap stories. If you are here, we assume that you would already know what Snapchat is however if you are living literally in Stone Age then here is a quick summary for it. Snapchat is essentially a snap plus video sharing app available for Android and Apple both. We will discuss about different perks and features of Snapchat in our future articles however today we will talk about How to find friends on Snapchat?
How to Find Friends on Snapchat ?
You can use any of the described procedures below to add friends on Snapchat and we assure you that all these methods successfully work.
1.Use your cell phone’s contacts to Find Friends on Snapchat
- Click the ghost icon within the Snapchat app and on the next page that you see, click the option for “My Friends.”
- When the new page displays, click on “Contacts.”
- Allow Snapchat to access all your contacts and you will then be directed to the final step.
- You will then be shown all of those contacts in your list who use Snapchat. Simply keep tapping “+ Add” button to add these friends to your Snapchat Account.
- You can also scroll below to find friends in your Contacts who don’t have a Snapchat account and invite them to use the app.
2.Find friends by sharing the URL of your Profile
One of the updates that Snapchat introduced was the introduction of the profile URL that you can share around so that people can add you. Once again you need to click on the ghost icon and you will be shown your profile URL. Simply copy this URL and share it on your other social media profiles to allow your friends to add you on Snapchat.
3.Try using other social media account to invite friends to see your activity on Snapchat
You can give a trailer of all amazing things you do on Snapchat and then essentially give a teaser to all your friends or followers on other social media accounts so that they follow you on Snapchat as well. You can be going on a great vacation and posting a teaser about it on your Facebook or Instagram with an invite to add you on Snapchat for constant updates can be very tempting for those who follow you giving you a big boost in your Snapchat numbers.
This technique has been proven to be highly useful to invite people to follow you on Snapchat and definitely other social media platforms can definitely help you gain numbers on Snapchat.
4.Find friends on Snapchat through their usernames
- Search for your friend’s username on their other social profiles or ask them.
- Then click the ghost icon and go to the option for ‘Add Friends’.
- Here you must tap on the button that says “Add by Username” and launch the search for users.
- Simply type the username here for the friend you want to find on Snapchat. The Snapchat database will begin its search to find users with that username and will then display you the results.
- Click the button that reads “+ Add” right beside the username to add a particular person to your friend list.
- You should now ask your friend to add you back so that snap story sharing process can begin.
5. Add friend that is sitting in the same place as you are
- To add friends who are sitting in the same room as you, once again you need to click the ghost icon and then visit the section for Add Friends.
- Choose the option “Add Nearby” so that Snapchat can detect other devices in your vicinity.
- Tell your friend to launch the same page on their phone.
- It will then display the Snapchat ID of your friend on your screen and when it does you must click the “+ Add” icon to add your friend on Snapchat.
6.Find friends on Snapchat by scanning a snap code
- Before doing this see to it that you have a screen snap or have previously saved snap codes of your friends you want to add on Snapchat
- Launch the Snapchat app and click the icon for ghost
- Click the “Add Friends” button and on the next page hit the button that reads “Add by snap code”.
- Simply choose the snap code you had saved earlier and your friend will instantly be added to your Snapchat Account in no time.